- Health Care Professional (HCP) interaction and development.
- This will include developing relationships with various HCPs and providing them with credible, fair balanced, scientific information about LEO products, LEO research activities, and LEO product development.
- As these relationships develop, some HCPs will be recognized as being potential advocates for the use of our products, possible speakers or possible investigators in clinical trials. The MSL will develop strategies to develop selected HCPs as Key Opinion Leaders depending on their specific interests, enthusiasm for, or experience with our products.
- The MSL will be a major source of balanced medical information for HCPs and will be capable of issues management and addressing questions about safety and off label use of LEO products based on available scientific data.
- The MSL may also be involved with supporting formulary submissions for new products in their therapeutic area.
- With a field-based position, territory planning will be a key activity. This will be done in collaboration with the Medical Advisor and will involve identifying a focus of effort and the metrics for customer calls. The plan will have to be dynamic with respect to the specific brand, territory, and the life cycle of the product line. That is, the focus of effort may vary from time to time and the territory plan will have to be flexible to accommodate for this.
- The MSL will be expected to be an expert on their products and their therapeutic areas. This will involve regular and extensive reviews of the literature, developing presentations and assisting with publications and medical communications. Participation in scientific meetings will be essential, and the MSL will attend appropriate scientific congresses and conferences, and LEO therapeutic area training sessions to maintain a current knowledge base and to develop competitive intelligence on other products in their therapeutic area.
- The MSL will play a critical role in internal training and communication with the Medical, Brand Team and territory managers. Knowledge sharing, including opinion leader and site profiling, and education both internally and externally will be a key area of responsibility.
- The MSL will be responsible for assisting the medical team with Investigator Initiated Studies which may include education and facilitation of the Investigator Initiated Study process.
Pharmacovigilance & Compliance with Adverse Events
- Recognize that PV cases may come to your knowledge in this role and fulfil the responsibility to forward any adverse event and patient safety cases to the local Pharmacovigilance department in accordance with company policies
- Ensure compliance with appropriate SOP’s, policies and guidelines.
- Complete mandatory training in assigned timelines upon hire as well as when new policies, SOP's, guidances are issued.
- Participate in personal development and training sessions as required for the position.
- Work in a safe manner that does not endanger yourself or co-workers. Report any health or safety concerns (internal and external) in compliance with LEO policy and standard procedures.
- Strive to consistently uphold LEO Pharma’s core values.
- Execute other duties as may be required by Executive team members and other members of LEO Pharma’s Management team as training and experience allow.