Department:  Clinical Research
Category:  HR / Recruitment / Training
Gender:  Does not matter
Highest Education:  Minimum Education University
Experience:  Minimum Experience 8 Year
Career Level:  Manager
Required Travel:  Not Required
[South Wales, Australia ]
- Responsible for the delivery of HR Consulting Services to a country (or a number of countries). These consulting services are the more complex and country specific HR services that fall within the remit of the Human Resource business centre.
- Recognize, exemplify and adhere to ICON’s values which centers around our commitment to Clients and Performance.
- As a Manager, the employee is expected to recognize the importance of and create a culture of process improvement with a focus on streamlining our processes adding value to our business and meeting client needs.
- Delivery of complex case management advice on key areas such as disciplinary, performance management redundancy, ongoing term sickness and Issues that require country specific interaction
- Responsible for management of employee relations, legal compliance and ensuring HR policies meet these requirements in designated country or region
- Proactively work with Managers in the region to highlight and identify key trends and issues arising from data such as exit interviews, turnover reports, absence and performance reviews and propose specific plans to assist and advise improvements
- Support the implementation of people strategies and plans through the rollout of HR programs and through the provision of local country Insight into the broader HR team
- For countries that have a Country Management Team, act as a partner to that group / service lines
- Build strong relationships with key Managers within your country (or countries) of responsibility and also with the offshore managers who have people management responsibility in these countries
- Provide a proactive HR consultation service to all people managers advising them on all issues that arise in their teams
- Work closely with the HR Service Centre Manager and the HR Service Centre Team to ensure a smooth transition on local issues and ensure clarity on when the team should and over or escalate
- Support and coach people managers on complex employee Issues
- Maintain 100% compliance with respect to country statutory compliance
- Travel (approximately 15%) domestic and/or international as required
- HR generalist experience from any MNCs with 8-12 years of
- Candidates preferably from Services industry
- Expertise in statutory compliance
- Hands-on knowledge in PF Act, wages act, Gratuity calculations, ESI, etc.,
- Stakeholder management Experience
- Delivering presentations to the business teams
- Formal discussions/ Grievance handling/ Entry & Exit Interviews.
- Flexibility to work in extended hours
- Excellent in communication